Exam Proctoring Support: steps to proctor exams with accommodations
Determine which accommodations apply to your quiz/exam
- Instructor and student should discuss what accommodations are needed for each quiz or exam.
- Being eligible for an accommodation does not necessarily mean that the student wants to use it for every exam.
Discuss proctoring options
- Distance and Online Education (DOE) offers proctored exam support for instructors needing assistance providing non-asterisked exam accommodations such as extended time for all exams and quizzes, reduced distraction environment, etc. Information on how to schedule with Distance and Online Education (DOE) is available online at Request Proctored Exam Support.
- Student Disability Services (SDS) Exam Services offers proctored exam support for asterisked exam accommodations such as use of computer or other adaptive equipment for exams. Please complete the request form to schedule with SDS. Please schedule exams 7 days in advance and 21 days in advance for finals.
Exam Proctoring Request Form
- Exams could be proctored virtually. Please see Tips on how to provide testing accommodations remotely for suggestions on ways to provide accommodation virtually.
- Utilize resources available in your department/college. Check with Classroom Scheduling (firstname.lastname@example.org) to identify a neighboring classroom without a subsequent arriving class where the test can be administered.
Confirm testing arrangements and expectations early in the semester.
For SDS Exam Services related inquires, please contact email@example.com.