- Information for Students
- Information for Graduate Students
- Applying for Accommodations
- Schedule a Meeting with your Access Consultant
- What to Expect During Your Initial Meeting
- Letter of Accommodations
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Temporary Conditions
- Scholarships and Awards
- Academic Life Navigator
- Academic Coaching
Welcome to Student Disability Services!
After you have applied for accommodations and submitted documentation you'll be invited to set up an initial meeting with one of our Access Consultants.
During your initial meeting, we will orient you to our process and your accommodations! You will meet with one of our Access Consultants who will work with you throughout your time at UIowa. Come prepared by setting aside the time and having access to a computer so you can download your Letters of Accommodations (LOAs). If you do not have access to a computer or a quiet/private space to have a conversation with us below are some resources the University of Iowa provides:
During your initial meeting we will:
- Give a short orientation to Student Disability Services (SDS)
- Talk about our interactive process: how we support you
- Go over your rights and responsibilities
- Discuss your specific accommodations in detail
- Guide you through how to use the student portal and access your Letter(s) of Accommodations
- Answer questions you might have
Once you have completed an initial meeting you are all set to go! You do not need to re-apply for accommodations every semester and our online system means you can access the Letters of Accommodations when you are ready to share them to your instructors at the beginning of the semester.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your meeting a one-day notice for cancellations is appreciated so we may offer the time to someone else. Please call 319-335-1462 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to reschedule your appointment.