The Writing Center assists with all writing projects, including multimedia projects, at any stage of development. Our services are free and available to anyone in the University of Iowa community. Our job is to help you become a better writer, reader and critical thinker.
Services are FREE, FULLY ONLINE, and available to all students, faculty, and staff.
- Sign up for a standing weekly video conference meeting for the entire semester. This is our most popular program, so make sure to sign up early.
- Make a 30-minute video conference appointment using our online schedule. Don't wait until the last minute! Bring us your assignments, questions and ideas and we'll help make sure you get off to a good start!
- Writing in Spanish? The Spanish Writing and Reading Center offers video conference appointments on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Submit your work to our document review system and get written comments and suggestions.
- Check out our creative writing group! Every Friday from 2-4 pm
For more information, check out our website at writingcenter.uiowa.edu